Saturday, May 14, 2011

Enchanted

I am a big fan of Owl City known as Adam Young. Every word in his songs is just so beautiful and mesmerizing and sweet and ......I'm out of word, it's just so amazing, which I could never explain how much I'm in love with him and how I wish I had a boyfriend who adore me and wanted me so badly, not in a desperate pathetic way, but in the most classy romantic cooler way. His songs might sound cheesy and too imaginary for some people. But for me who love crap stories since I was young and love imagining something fantasy like how I wish to have a candy rain or walking in the morning on a great lovely day with all the birds sing and the flowers smile to me, the Owl City songs are just so me. Yeah, cheesy right? LOVE IT! 

Not to mention his ordinary boys - next - door look and his humble well - writing about his life in his blog makes the fans feel....enchanted. Yes, I admit because of his amazing beautiful well - written writing, now I see man who can write well is sexy. Try this, You Had Me At Hello, one of my favourite story that he wrote.

This year, on 14th February, Adam wrote on his blog about how he has been waiting for Taylor Swift album to come out and when the album was released, he just felt in love with it and yes, he adored her for the beautiful songs that she wrote, especially the track 8. He was so in love with the song and felt connected in someway somehow, so he did the cover version of Taylor's Enchanted and added up word "Taylor" in the song. It sounds like this;

Taylor version:
Hey It was enchanting to meet you
All I know is I was enchanted to meet you

Adam version:
Hey it was enchanting to meet you
Oh Taylor I was so enchanted to meet you too

Taylor version:
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew

Adam version:
Taylor I’ll spend my whole life wondering if you knew

Adam even added this in the end of the song:
I was never in love with someone else
I never had somebody waiting on me
'Cause you were all of my dreams come true
And I just wish you knew
Taylor I was so in love with you

You can read his whole entry about this in Dear Taylor




Taylor Swift - Enchanted



Owl City cover version - Enchanted





Oh dear Adam, you play guitar, you play piano, and a little bit of drums, you make beautiful songs, you sing perfectly, you write amazing stories, and you do photography. Should I say more? 

No comments: